Scaling back holiday parties and celebrating employees year-round: why & how
The most common way to recognize employees and say thanks for a year full of hard work is with a company holiday gathering. Maybe your company like many others go all out with the party, complete with entertainment, decorations, and more. But what happens when you scale down your holiday party, diversify spending, and host employee appreciation events throughout the year? It’s a known fact that employees want to be (and should be) celebrated more than just once per year. In fact, “54% of employees say a strong sense of community kept them at a company longer,” (Gusto) and “75% of employees receiving at least monthly recognition – even if informal – are satisfied with their job,” (BambooHR). We’re helping you spread the holiday cheer for longer than just a season.
Here are 10 ideas for year-long recognition:
- Monthly birthday celebrations – everyone loves cake! This can be as simple as a small gift or as elaborate as monthly cake deliveries, ice cream socials or catered lunches.
- Keep awards on hand for a job well done – praise employees by handing out branded company swag, gift cards or auto detailing certificates.
- Welcome gifts – treat new employees to a generous welcome with gift baskets, swag bags or a lunch to meet and socialize with the team.
- Summer party – split the budget! Host two parties a year for employees to have the opportunity to mix and mingle outside of the office.
- Happy hours – host a weekly, monthly or quarterly get-together at a local spot. Add entertainment or games if hosting in the office!
- Workout classes – promote employee wellness by offering in-house sweat sessions over lunch-time!
- Spa services – have a mobile spa in the office offering massages, manicures, pedicures and more.
- Service project days – get the whole team together for a day or half-day out of the office and give back to the community. Let employees vote on their favorite charity for a little extra reward.
- Themed celebrations – surprise the office with a fiesta, Oktoberfest or March Madness party.
- Raffle – say “thank you” or “job well done” by handing out raffle tickets and at the end of each month draw for the winner of a big ticket item.
Which idea do you want to see implemented in your office? Charm City Concierge looks forward to helping you and your company with your employee recognition needs.