Effective Date: March 16th, 2023
Simpli ("us", "we", or "our") d/b/a Simpli (hereinafter referred to as Simpli) operates the Simpli mobile application (hereinafter referred to as the "Service").
This page informs you of our policies regarding the collection, use and disclosure of personal data when you use our Service and the choices you have associated with that data.
- Service is the Simpli mobile application operated by Simpli
- Personal Data means data about a living individual who can be identified from those data (or from those and other information either in our possession or likely to come into our possession).
- Usage Data is data collected automatically either generated by the use of the Service or from the Service infrastructure itself (for example, the duration of a page visit).
- Cookies are small files stored on your device (computer or mobile device).
Information Collection and Use
We collect several different types of information for various purposes to provide and improve our Service to you.
Your opt-in will be required for any automatic data collection that isn’t for our internal analytics or necessary for your use of our Service. The information we collect automatically is statistical data and does not include personal information, but we may maintain it or associate it with personal information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties.
Types of Data Collected
While using our Service, we may ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you ("Personal Data"). Personally identifiable information may include, but is not limited to:
- Email address
- First and last name
- Phone number
- Employer name
- Office location
- ZIP/Postal code
- Any information obtained directly from you when you provide it to us by filling in forms within the Service, by sending correspondence to us, or by inputting data through the Service.
Cookies and Usage Data
We may use your Personal Data to contact you with newsletters, marketing or promotional materials and other information that may be of interest to you. You may opt-out of receiving any, or all, of these communications from us by following the unsubscribe link or the instructions provided in any email we send.
When you access the Service with a mobile device, we may collect certain information automatically, including, but not limited to, the type of mobile device you use, your mobile device unique ID, the IP address of your mobile device, your mobile operating system, the type of mobile Internet browser you use, unique device identifiers, and other diagnostic data ("Usage Data").
Tracking & Cookies Data
Examples of Cookies we use:
- Session Cookies - We use Session Cookies to operate our Service.
- Preference Cookies - We use Preference Cookies to remember your preferences and various settings.
- Security Cookies - We use Security Cookies for security purposes.
Use of Data
Simpli uses the collected data for various purposes:
- To provide and maintain our Service
- To notify you about changes to our Service
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our Service when you choose to do so
- To provide customer support
- To gather analysis or valuable information so that we can improve our Service
- To monitor the usage of our Service
- To detect, prevent and address technical issues
- To provide you with news, special offers and general information about other goods, services, and events which we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about unless you have opted not to receive such information.
Transfer of Data
Your information, including Personal Data, may be transferred to - and maintained on - computers located outside of your state, province, country, or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ from those of your jurisdiction.
Disclosure of Data
Disclosure for Law Enforcement
Under certain circumstances, Simpli may be required to disclose your Personal Data if required to do so by law or in response to valid requests by public authorities (e.g. a court or a government agency).
Simpli may disclose your Personal Data in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
- To comply with a legal obligation
- To protect and defend the rights or property of Simpli
- To prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Service
- To protect the personal safety of users of the Service or the public
- To protect against legal liability.
Security of Data
The security of your data is important to us but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Data, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Our Policy on "Do Not Track" Signals under the California Online Protection Act (CalOPPA)
We do not support Do Not Track ("DNT"). Do Not Track is a preference you can set in your web browser to inform websites that you do not want to be tracked. You can enable or disable Do Not Track by visiting the Preferences or Settings page of your web browser.
We may employ third party companies and individuals to facilitate our Service ("Service Providers"), provide the Service on our behalf, perform Service-related services or assist us in analyzing how our Service is used. These third parties have access to your Personal Data only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose. We may use third-party Service Providers to monitor and analyze the use of our Service.
Links to Other Sites
Our Service does not address anyone under the age of 18 ("Children"). We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 18. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your child has provided us with Personal Data, please contact us. If we become aware that we have collected Personal Data from children without verification of parental consent, we take steps to remove that information from our servers.
Data processing and the GDPR
The General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679 (the “GDPR”) is a European privacy law applicable to citizens of the European Economic Area. Data input into our Service is known as “Platform Data.” Under the GDPR, Simpli is a Data Processor of our Service Data. Users of our Service are the Controllers of Platform Data and are responsible for all Controller obligations, such as choosing the appropriate legal basis for collecting and using tenants’ personal data.
Data controlling and the GDPR
Simpli collects, stores and processes business contact data (used for direct marketing, demonstrations, and business development) and user usage data (used for internal analytics, user experience tracking, and marketing purposes). Under the GDPR, Simpli is a Data Controller with regards to certain business contact data and usage data. Business contact data is obtained by Simpli on the basis of your consent (where you affirmatively provide it to us, for example when requesting a product demonstration) or for our legitimate interest in responding to your queries, assisting you in your use of our Service, and otherwise communicating with Simpli users, customers, and potential customers. User usage data is obtained for the purpose of providing customer support, improving our Service, and communicating with Simpli customers or potential customers. Individuals can opt out of the use of business contact data at any time by making a request to email@example.com. User usage data is a part of the Simpli platform, so when an individual would like to opt-out of collection of usage data the individual will no longer be able to use our Service.
Privacy Notice for California Users
If you are a California resident, California law requires us to provide you with some additional information regarding your rights with respect to your “personal information” (as defined in the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”)). We describe the categories of personal information we collect, the sources and uses of such information, and the entities to which we share such information above in the “Information We Collect,” “Our Use of Your Information and Legal Bases for Processing Information,” and “How We Disclose Your Information” sections above. If you are a California resident and you have any questions about our practices, or would like to exercise any rights you may have (subject to any legal exceptions) please contact us using the contact information above. Further, please note that applicable California privacy legislation permits individuals who are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of “personal information” (as defined by California law) to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. We do not share personal information with third parties for their own marketing purposes.
Accessing, correcting your information and exercising privacy law data rights
Whether it’s the GDPR, the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018, or other statute, Simpli is committed to complying with all applicable law in the way it handles personal information. Simpli operations are based in the United States, which is the geographic location for all Simpli data processing.
You can review and change your personal information by logging into the particular Service property and visiting your account profile page.
- You may also send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org to request access to, correct, or delete any personal information that you have provided to us, or request execution of the following rights:
- Receive a copy of your personal data;
- Correction of your personal data;
- Deletion of all of your personal data;
- Restricting or ending the use or processing your personal data for a particular purpose; or
- Obtaining a copy of your personal data in a machine-readable ‘open format’ (e.g., XML, JSON, CSV, text file format).